GRILLING DOS AND DON’TS
- Free Resource
- Learn the "Cliff Notes" for outdoor cooking
We are always looking for tips to preparing fool-proof meals. Below are the top ten grilling dos and don’ts, Think of them as the “Cliff Notes” for outdoor cooking!
- Know the cooking methods: direct, indirect and combo
- Do not peek under the lid; every time you lift the lid, heat escapes and the cooking time increases.
- Do not add flammable liquid to the fire; this means, no lighter fluid. Use either crumbled newspaper or fire starter cubes.
- Remember to keep the air vents open, otherwise the fire will go out.
- Make sure charcoal briquettes are grey-ashed before cooking.
- Do not flip more food more than once unless a recipe specifically requires it.
- Do not move or turn meat with a fork; this lets all the yummy juices and flavor escape.
- Control flare-ups with a closed lid, not a spray bottle filled with water.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer. It reads the internal temperature of meat and poultry in a matter of seconds and is only fail-safe way to test for doneness.